WORCESTER – Participating teams have been finalized for the 2010 Worcester
The 5th Annual Worcester World Cup Tournament will be held Friday, Saturday
and Sunday, August 13-15th at Foley Stadium, 305 Chandler St. in Worcester.
Admission: Under 18yrs old free. Adults: $4 for a weekend pass. All Games
FREE Friday, August, 13th.
The WWC began four years ago with the goals of uniting immigrant communities
to celebrate, work together on projects that will improve our City and
communities, and to develop a stronger collective voice.
The WWC has grown into more than just a soccer tournament, expanding into a
full family oriented event;
• This year’s tournament has expanded to two and a half-days
• The WWC hosts 19 Worcester immigrant-based teams, 350 players, and
hundreds of fans
• International flavor with international music and authentic food vendors
from Liberia, Mexico, Uruguay, China, Jamaica, Ecuador and many others
• Children’s Games, moonbounce, skill-building, family entertainment
• The WWC is run by a 20+ volunteer tournament organizing committee
The WWC is organized by Cultural Exchange Through Soccer a
neighborhood-based soccer program at Elm Park Community School. Lead
sponsors for this year’s tournament include; City of Worcester, South High
Community School CSLYC, Goya Foods, Community Realty, Atty. Randy Feldman
and MLS Soccer Plus.
For further info Contact:
Laura Suroviak 508/963.2394
Kevin Ksen 508/859.0003